When you want to establish your own gambling- or sports betting website, obtaining a gambling license is an important part. In a previous article that appeared on our blog, we paid extensive attention to this. We mainly discussed the aspects that are required to apply for a gambling license, and what this involves. In this article, we will elaborate on this, but we will look at it from a different angle. Because what are actually the benefits of licensed bookmakers? In this article, we’ll look at the benefits it has on your business, but we’ll also look at the reasons why gamblers would choose licensed bookmakers.
The Benefits of Licensed Bookmakers (For Your Business)
It is a matter of course that with the help of a gambling license you will be able to operate your gambling website in a much safer way. Having a bettingsidor without licence can have unpleasant consequences in the long and/or short term. So, if you are dreaming of running a great gambling website, our advice is to always apply for a gambling license. Below we have compiled several points of benefits that licensed bookmakers have to offer.
- With a gambling license, you benefit from tax advantages. For example, you pay no or low tax rates;
- Perhaps the most important reason! You do not run the risk of being prosecuted, stopped, arrested or fined for operating an online gambling/ betting site illegally;
- Because you have a certified license, you make it possible for yourself to work with the best hardware providers;
- Get access to the best games and various software programs that may be useful for your program;
- Being a legal bookmaker – in case you have a license – you can legally promote your website through advertisements or contact sponsors;
- A very important benefit is that having a license gives a confidential and secure feeling to your (potential) customers. People are more likely to choose a website that is safe than one that is unreliable/illegal;
- Opening settlement accounts;
- Maintaining good relationships with merchants and payment providers;
- All over the world, you can deliver your service/product in a legal way;
- In order to receive payments from players via credit card, bank accounts or other payment methods, a licence is required in most cases.
The Benefits of Licensed Bookmakers (For Gamblers)
The answer is quite obvious. As a gambler, it is important to consider whether certain websites operate legally. It is therefore important that a gambling website appears confidential and is honest with its players. This means that the terms and conditions (bonus terms and general terms) must be clear. In addition, payout options must work well and there must be a possibility of customer service, should anything go wrong. After all, you don’t want your money to end up in an illegal business. So never transfer money to a bookmaker if you are not sure whether they are trading legally!
In short, here are a few key benefits of licensed bookmakers:
- Licensed bookmakers appear more reliable in comparison to illegal bookmakers;
- Payouts of winnings are more assured with licensed bookmakers;
- Bettors feel safer as the chance of being swindled by legal bookmakers is virtually zero. Illegal bookmakers can easily impersonate legal websites. Thus, it can happen that you have transferred money, but afterwards you receive nothing back or are not even paid out. Oops!;
- Should anything go wrong, customer support is available.
All in all, we can draw a clear conclusion on this topic: a gambling license is one of the most important steps for success in the gambling business. Not only for your own business, but also for the gambler himself. As you have been able to read in this article, it brings along great benefits that will give you or your website a big boost. If you don’t, the consequences can be very, very unpleasant. So… Don’t hesitate, gamble safely and go for that gambling license!